Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby Steps to Simplicity - Organizing the Linen Closet

I do not know if it is living in Minnesota in the winter with the lack of daylight or the old winter ailment known as "cabin fever," but January has been a "blah" month for me. Motivation is scarce and even nonexistent at times, and the walls seem to be closing in around me. The whole house feels like an overwhelming mess!

The other night I think I hit rock bottom. I felt like I REALLY needed some help! Thinking how wonderful it would be if I could hire someone to get me out of the mess, I went online and searched for professional organizers in the area. One thing led to another, and I managed to find a blog that was just what I needed.

Angie Weid Temperance is a Professional Organizer from Michigan. Besides running her own business--Organized Solutions, LLC--she has a wonderful blog. What really inspired me is her posts this month on one simple project you can do each day to help you get organized.

Another thing I found when searching about how to get organized is that procrastination is one of the biggest problems people have. (Yes, that would apply to me.) I look at something and get so overwhelmed that I simply walk away and do nothing. (Granted, I am not that way all the time and about everything.) Everyone keeps telling me I just need to start with some small thing, but I cannot even decide what that small thing should be.

Angie's post on her blog this week is to organize the linen closet. (Thank goodness she does not do them daily, because I would probably give up.) Yesterday, I thought about it and today I actually did it. It was probably not high on the priority list in our house, but I had some direction and I did it! That in itself is an accomplishment.

You can follow Angie's blog yourself. Here is the URL:

In my next post I will give you some ideas I found for what to do with all those old linens. =)

1 comment:

Angie Weid said...

AWESOME!! So glad you have an organized linen closet now. Perhaps you can tackle another organizing challenge later. Enjoy the day. Angie

Post a Comment